Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Steamy Love Affair

I've known this fellow for about 10 years. When we met it was love at first sight. He was tall, lean and yellow, just what I was looking for in a long-time companion. What a bonus that he had Enviro right in his name! I knew we were meant for each other.

Let me introduce you to the Eureka Envirosteamer. A perfect floor cleaning device if I have ever seen one. It needs no chemicals, soap or replacement parts. That means no costs are involved after it is taken home and no more trips to the store, yay!

I bought mine for around $100. That comes out to about $10 per year for the length of time I've had it and it is showing no signs of slowing down. Even the two cloth pads that attach to the bottom are in good shape. How much do you spend per year on floor cleaning supplies?

So let me explain how it works. The canister on the bottom holds about 2 cups of water. I can usually clean the kitchen and both bathrooms without refilling. The water is heated and turns to steam which is channeled through the cloth pad attached to the bottom. The steam and cloth work together to scrub the floor clean. Since virtually no water is used the floor dries almost instantly. The cloth pad goes right into the washing machine.

The advantages of cleaning with steam are numerous. No chemicals or chemical odors. Kills mold, mildew and bacteria. Great for those with allergies (read this review from Allergy Consumer Review http://www.allergyconsumerreview.com/eureka-enviro-steamer.html ) because it penetrates into the pores of hard surfaces. And I will mention again, NO TRIPS TO THE STORE TO BUY MORE STUFF!!

Alas, the Envirosteamer is no longer available in stores. There are several available on Ebay from $9.99-75. (For the 310 model. The 300 is even cheaper, but does not have all the same features.)http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZeurekaQ20enviroQ20steamerQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ
If you can get one at these super cheap prices, do it! Then you can have a steamy love affair just like mine.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

There is something I have never understood about steam cleaning. Where is the dirt going? Onto the pad? If it steamed and then sucked up the grime it would make sense to me...please explain.

Truefan said...

Who knew? Your confession just floored me. Glad you made a clean sweep and told us about your strange affair. Hope Dave isn't too steamed.

Kim said...

I bought one last month. Loving it too. Who knew it was a green choice! Yippee

Kim said...

p.s. I think true fan reads blogs so they can practice their puns. They had a lot to say about my bat blog recently....