Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homemade Kitchen Cleanser - 24 cents

I don't think there could be an easier way to cut costs than this simple kitchen cleanser.

2 tablespoons liquid dish soap
2 cups of water.
Put in spray bottle and shake.

Use any dish soap you like. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Lavender is my favorite.. It smells great, is environmentally responsible and only cost $3.

So let's do the math.
Formula 409 kitchen cleanser = $4.
A reused spray bottle = $0.
Trader Joe's dish soap = $3
Price per bottle of homemade cleanser = 24 cents.
Savings = $3. 76 per bottle

(I can fill my reused spray bottle 12.5 times with the recipe above. The cost of the dish soap divided by 12.5 equals 24 cents per bottle for the homemade spray.)

I have been using it for about a week now and am totally happy with it. It cleans all normal kitchen spills including grease.

How can you not do this?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I like this idea. I use the same formula to clean all of my wood and tile floors. I have tried many cleaners since we moved in and this seems to work best for me. I use a bucket and mix as needed so that the water is warm. That is mainly for my own comfort, I don't know that it helps to clean better!

Truefan said...

Very practical and afforadable. Actually, more than affordable. Downright cheap. I'll be suggesting it to the ladies that clean the church too. We need to pinch the pennies. Now on to serious business... what do you have that can remove a small fuzzy dog from my lap? It's awfully hard to type with a dog nose on the keyboard!!! I have to 'paws' a lots between words! HA! Sometimes I just crack myself up. And now I can type to my heart's content on your blog. Hope you don't spam me.

Please say hi to the girls. Give em a hug from me! Love you...

Janet said...

Ohhh :) I'm so using this for my art class! Thanks!