Monday, September 29, 2008

Bathroom Recycling

Take a moment to think about the contents of your bathroom garbage can. Toilet paper rolls, hair, used band-aids, toenails, shampoo bottles, tissue paper, toothpaste boxes..... Much of this stuff is recyclable. But let's get real. Who is going to sort all the disgusting stuff from the recyclables before adding it to your outside cans? Aside from making my kids do it when I am really angry at them, no one. Not even me. Not even for Mother Earth.



Also on the list of things I am too lazy to do is to walk those recyclables individually to the proper kitchen receptacles as they need to be disposed of. Seriously, when the shampoo, conditioner or body soap run out I am usually naked. When the t.p. runs out I am uh...you know. By the time I am properly clothed and not otherwise busy, I have forgotten all about that walk to the kitchen.



So here is my solution. A paper bag in each bathroom marked 'recycling'. When it's full, we will throw the whole thing into the recycling can. Now I can continue to be lazy and not feel guilty about it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great idea. I actually just "streak" around the house a lot recycling so my family thanks you!

I like recycling!!

Janet said...

:) You have good ideas! I'm making totem poles in my some of my classes this week using toilet paper tubes/paper towel tubes/gift wrap tubes. OOOHhh and we're even using scraps for the faces! Do I get points? haha :)