Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Day Gwen Stefani & I Got Married

Not to each other, of course...

While that is, for now, legal in California, (yay!) it wasn't back in 2002.  

(I wouldn't marry Gwen Stefani anyway.  Her asinine song lyrics irk me to no end.  I  imagine her conversations are full of whining remembrances of old boyfriends.)  

But, I digress...

On September 14, 2002 I married Wave, Gwen married Gavin.  They married in London, we married in the Enchanted Valley.  Both brides were an hour late to the ceremony, oops.  I can't speak for Gwen, but for me, it was a nice day full of friends and family.

We've (that's Wave & I, not Gwen & I) had our ups & downs since then.  Two more beautiful children.  Loss of loved ones.  A couple moves.  New jobs, no jobs.  Countless days of happiness & fun.  Countless fights & misunderstandings.  We are only human.

I guess the important thing is that we keep trying.  We keep going.  We do our best to make each day a little better.

Eight years now and on to 9.  I, for one, am excited to see what comes next.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I remember your wedding day with much fondness. Congratulations and here is to many more!

Matt said...

Happy Anniversary Gwen! ;-]

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

I am wondering why you were late?

I am thinking that you and Gwen probably both have some cool socks or tights. You guys could talk about that.