Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bored

Okay, so I have to admit that I am bored with this blogging thing already. I intended for it to be a way to push myself to conserve more and buy less. I have found I really don't need it.

I still haven't bought a loaf of bread, I am still hanging my laundry, we take reusable servingware to the park, Homeschool Conference, wherever. I am seriously considering Family Wipes(http://living.wallypop.net/wipes.html) and will let you know when I make the leap. We are buying organic bulk items from the bins in the grocery store. I just don't have time to write about it.

Yesterday I made watermelon fruit leather, a huge stash of frozen hashbrowns & hummus. I also prepped 2 different kinds of fruit leather to finish today. I ALSO started some watermelon rind pickles. (It is a 2 day process.)

Yes, I am tired! This baby-thing is really draining me. I am super tired & having trouble sleeping (except for on the couch in the middle of the day). Go figure! I am writing this at 4am after not falling asleep until midnight. Sigh....maybe it's twins?! (I've already gained weight and some of my clothes are uncomfortable. What the heck?)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Does this mean you are quitting? Perhaps you should join the Dark Side and just post about your kids :-)!!!

Truefan said...

Say no to wipes! Say no to wipes! At least you said you would let us know so we can bring our own. Remember the old fanny packs? I think I'll wear some tp like a fanny pack just to be prepared. Sorry you are feeling tired already… but I am looking forward to another little ankle-biter. Love you Jen!

susie said...

You are good at what you are doing. Maybe you just need to go to the next level...not the wipes thing... and do a theme thing or a price comparison thing (how much it cost to buy paper napkins compared to the cost to buy and launder cloth napkins for example)
Some of us are feeling inspired to do a little more!!! I bought reusable shopping bags this week!

Unknown said...

Don't quit, Jen! You've inspired me to conquer my phobia of sewing machines and take a recycled fabric sewing class. I'm going to learn how to sew my own family wipes!

On another note, may I suggest you bring in guest blogger(s). Get someone as nutty ...er, as fervant as you.

Matt said...

I would like Dave to tell us all how to fold a bag of chips so it stays fresh :]

Kim said...

I liked all these comments. Especially Matt's!
p.s. I read you every day too Jen. Next week there will be a black hole in my heart where your blog entries once were. Ü