Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Our busy class schedule is about to start, and we'll need our lunches on the go.  I've been thinking about these rolls for a while.  My idea was to use bread dough, fill roll sized portions with sandwich fillings, then bake.  PB&J seemed easiest so I started my experiment there.  

I used a basic white bread,  freshly ground peanut butter and homemade apricot jam.  I am happy to say the mini sandwiches are a success!  They are going to be so easy to grab for a tasty, easy meal, yay!

4 comments:

Truefan said...

Way to roll on when you're in a jam for time... :-)

susie said...

Sounds yummy! I will keep an eye out for other ideas for you!! I hope you have scheduled time for shopping & baking!!!

Janet said...

Those look delicious! Did you can your jam? I've been thinking about canning lately. Great idea!

Unknown said...

This is a great vehicle for leftovers. Use your taco fillings, sloppy joe, etc. -- just not too "wet" fillings. More ideas: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/savory-filled-buns-recipe

You can brush the bun tops with beaten egg or melted butter for a lovely golden finish.