Friday, May 7, 2010

My Fight With Borders - Update!

This morning I called general manager Doug Thompson again.  This time he was there.

I explained the events of Wednesday to him.  He told me that the manager involved had already told him of the incident.  Realizing that he was not familiar with homeschool laws, he looked them up.

As a result, Borders in Elk Grove has decided to be more lenient towards homeschoolers than they previously have been.

I received a very nice apology and a promise that my replacement educator's discount card is on its way to me in the mail.

I was completely ecstatic!  (I actually danced around the house singing, "I win, I win, I win!" for a while.)  I don't always get results when I start these battles, so it was nice to have confirmation that all my emotional outbursts are not wasted.  Fighting for the things I believe in, no matter how small, is a part of me I just can't turn off.

Yay, me!  ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good for you. I spilled coffee on my wallet and went to get a new homeschool teachers card because my proof was lost as well as my borders card.I asked if they kept records of the form I filled out when I presented my HSC card. I was told there was nothing that could be done because they expected me to be more responsible. I haven't walk thru the door since.