Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I ♥ Jamie Oliver

Well,  I love the mission he is on to improve the quality of food served in schools.

Wave and I watched every episode of Food Revolution and were amazed at what we saw.  Not having children in the public school system made it a little less disturbing for us, but it was still very shocking.

I was most appalled at the flavored milks being offered for lunch.  As a parent, I would be extremely angered if a school official were encouraging my child to drink sugar milk.

If  you believe it is time to change the way children are taught to eat in this country, take a moment to sign the petition.  http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition  If you don't care, at least take a second to look at the map.  I find it fascinating to see the states that have higher numbers of folks who are behind this cause.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Good petition! :)