Saturday, April 10, 2010

Learning To Sew

I have been trying to teach myself to sew.   It has been a long and frustrating battle!

I am threading challenged in the most severe way. Reading the manual was no help to me.  Wave finally had to thread the darn thing for me!

After many fits & unladylike words, I can finally thread the machine by myself.  Des is modeling the things I made today.

The diaper cover is made of micro fleece given to me by a lady Freecycler. It, unfortunately, has already failed its purpose.  It didn't hold in the wetness like the other homemade micro fleece cover I have.  Sewing friends,  should I add another layer?  Is the material only water resistant on one side?  Help!

The baby legs are made from a pair of socks I picked up for 98 cents at Target.  I just cut the extra fabric from the heel, sewed it back up, cut out the toes and hemmed the now open end.  I am super proud of myself for thinking to use a zig zag heel to make the opening stretchy!  So far (15 minutes!) the leg warmers are successful.  Only time will tell!

1 comment:

Janet said...

That's so cool! I love his sock warmers! :)