Monday, January 25, 2010

Painting

The Watson house has been overcome by painting fever. We all have it, I'm afraid! It's been great fun as well as great business for Michael's where we make our weekly trips for paint & canvases.

Lydia & Rowan are working on pieces in Daddy's abstract expressionist style.

Molly put down her iTouch long enough to paint this lovely flower.


Wave did this piece in a day long process. He's planning more for a series.


I tried my hand at impressionism with oil paint.


I also did this one. It makes me think of an island off in the murky distance.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kim said...

Bravo Watsons! Jen your impressionist picture is amazing! All of you are so talented!

Matt said...

Wow, those are all very cool! :)

Janet said...

Bravo!!!! I really like them! :) You have a house full of artists!

Truefan said...

I agree. The art is... well... so very artsy! Dave, have to say I really like your piece. It's great. Jen, the impressionist piece is super. One question though... are you sure Molly wasn't holding the itouch in her left hand? :-)

Melissa said...

You know those new model homes that were just built near my house? They have a couple of paintings that I LOVE in one of them. Your last painting reminds me of them a lot. Next time you come up I want you to go look at them with me then I will buy a big canvas and you can paint some for my house...

Yes? I have been wishing I had some talent. Can I just borrow yours?