Friday, May 20, 2011

The Best Salad Ever

I ♥ you, arugula.
I had the best salad ever today.  I can't stop thinking about it.  It was so, so good.

Today we had brunch at a little place in Davis called Ciocolat.  Some other people ordered some other things, but I ordered a salad.  A spinach & arugula salad to be exact.

Spinach & arugula are two of my favorite things.  I eat spinach several times a week.  Arugula is more of a luxury.  It's not available all the time or in every grocery store.  I get it when I can.

But I digress...  Back to the salad.   Mmmm...

Picture a good sized plateful of the aforementioned leaves, cubed mozzarella, shaved parmesan, hearts of palm, a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper.  It was so good, I ate it without the dressing.  I also ate it without thinking to take a picture.  You'll have to enjoy the arugula field instead.

Thanks for lunch, Mom.  Good find!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hey! She didn't tell me about lunch ( your mom that is) probably didn't want meto be jealous....

It does sound delicious though.

Janet said...

That salad sounds mighty tasty. Maybe you can try and copy the recipe at home. I really enjoy arugula as well, it is so fun to say. Arugula, arugula. :)

susie said...

I think that all of the food was good at this place! I heard no complaints! Lydia, Molly & I had burgers of gourmet types(avacado, mushroom, or bacon) Rowan & Jen had probably the best choices of all! Rowan had french toast, bacon(mountain of it!)fresh fruit!It looked & smelled wonderful & her plate with help from Lydia & Desmond was licked clean! We were stuffed but still had to purchase two amazingly rich slices of dessert! Mmmmmm can we go back now?