Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, Rain...


So it's raining cats & dogs here. Maybe more like elephants & buffalo actually! The noon news said this is the most rain in two days since 1962. Nevertheless, what do I see as I am driving home this afternoon? A man in full rain gear WASHING HIS CAR WITH A HOSE!!!


Unbelievable.


I have grown used to the neighbors running their sprinklers in the rain. I've yelled at the gardeners for using our water to wash grass out of the gutters. I shake my head in disbelief when the city waters the medians at 2pm in 110 degree weather. I really thought I had seen it all when it comes to drought-time irresponsibility!


Once again, I was wrong! Washing a car, in the rain, with a hose.....


Sigh.

Remember to turn off your automatic sprinklers!

4 comments:

Truefan said...

Gave me a good laugh! I will turn off our automatic sprinklers... uh, oh, that would entail not going out and turnin them on... HA!

Janet said...

Anytime it starts to rain here, I just splash a little Dawn dish soap on my car and let the rain do the work! HAHA NOT REALLY! But it would probably work with the elephants and buffaloes falling :)

susie said...

Maybe his car got sprayed by a skunk and it smelled really bad. Then he was doing a public service cause what if he parked next to you and one of the kids touched the stinky car and you couldn't figure out what the smell was so you had them all go and take baths...and it didn't stop stinking cause they didn't wash in enough soap but you had to go somewhere later and they all got into your car again and rubbed more stink inside the car and you were just being made more crazy cause the smell just kept getting worse and you couldn't figure out what was wrong...thought it was Alex and decided that she needed a bath, kids had to take more baths.......see what I mean! Public service!!!!

jen. said...

Ummmmmm, Mom, I don't think that was it. Did you forget to take your meds?