Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson is Dead!


Can you believe it? I am blogging about the death of Michael Jackson. I can hardly believe it myself! Don't worry, don't worry, I have already decided how I will tie this into my usual topic of Earth-friendly life (and death). Now to the juicy stuff!

Around 3:30 this afternoon, I noticed a news van drive down my street. As this is a dead end street, I went to snoop. A cameraman and reporter got out and looked around a house 2 doors down. They talked to neighbor then got in their van as if to leave. Just then, a car pulled into the driveway. Two women (I saw the passenger's panties) and a little girl got out.

A few minutes later the passenger came back outside and approached the news crew. I sent Molly out to pretend to check our mail and eavesdrop. Unfortunately, she couldn't hear anything. When she came back inside, we joked that they were probably here about MJ.

This is a picture of two local news stations (there was another as well, they left before I took the pic) waiting for an interview.

















When we saw one of the stations broadcasting live, we turned on the t.v. To our surprise, it was about the death of Michael Jackson! Apparently, Ola Ray lives on my street. Who, you ask, is Ola Ray? Well so did I. A quick Google search revealed that she played MJ's girlfriend in Thriller. Small world!

So, now that I have had my successful spying-out-the-window fix for the present, how can I tie this to Mother Earth?

I have actually been thinking about blogging this for a while now. Human beings are the only animals on the planet to have taken themselves out of the natural circle of life by altering the way we die. All other creatures are eaten, decompose or are otherwise used by the rest of the animal kingdom. We, as humans, pump our dead corpses full of chemicals or burn them making them completely useless to everything else. Yes, some parts of the body are harvested and used to prolong the lives of other humans. I whole-heartedly applaud that practice. But what about the rest? For those of you who outlive me, here is my request.

Harvest all of my usable organs, then bury me in a way that will benefit the Earth. In a biodegradable container, or in no container at all. In a field or under a tree. Plant a garden on top of my body and enjoy the veggies that grow. Please... & thank you!

Update!! More photos of the ever-growing number of papparazzi!


















Note the antenna coming up from behind the house, the van behind the silver car, the red van and the SUV.

4 comments:

jen. said...

As of 6:35pm, there are 4 news crews outside. The NBC affiliate is still here. CBS left and came back. FOX has arrived in addition to an unmarked SUV with a reporter and cameraman.

Hey, they all left! Must have finally gotten the interview. :)

susie said...

You will have to research the burial laws of the state or city or whatever but I think that unfortunately you have to be buried in a legal cemetary unless you are cremated. I am so proud that you were nosy and that you sent Molly to easedrop!!!! I want to have my organs harvested also.

Kim said...

Great detective work ladies! You make me proud! And on a side note I also want to donate my organs to help others.

Unknown said...

Your bones will still be around long after the pine box and the rest of your body disintergrate. To be useful, have your bones ground up, to used as bone meal.

"And here we have the Jen Watson Memorial Garden. While she isn't pushing the daisies up, she is fertilizing them!"